Thursday, May 31, 2012

bring in the parentals

i finished my program and i couldn't be more ready! but even though i was antsy to get back to the states, my trip was far from over. my parents had flown in to taipei 2 days before i finished in tainan so it worked out perfectly for me to take the high speed rail up to taipei and meet them at the hotel. and boy was it a hotel. my parents travel in style and we were lucky to stay in the westin for our first stop.



the next few days of our taiwan tour were quite entertaining. of course we ladies had to visit the jade market and purchase a few goodies. dad bought an anniversary gift for mom, dad bought me a jade bracelet, and i bought myself a coral bracelet. success!




we were quite the bargaining queens


later we stopped by a few places including chiang kai shek's memorial


and ended the day by visiting the grand hotel














complete with delicious food


and a beautiful vase








No comments:

Post a Comment